The New Life

by - Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The last post was a fortnight ago... New things are happening everyday ever since the semester begin. Before stepping into year 4, I was so looking forward to it. But I guess it didn't start out well enough. After 3 years into this course I am very much comfortable with the friends I had, and am not ready to be separated from them. And yet, no matter how much I am not ready I have to learn how to work with strangers and try to be friends acquaintances with them. 

Many closed ones were staying back in year 3 not being able to climb up the ladder, while the remaining are only six of us. Unfortunately we are split up in different learning groups, different assignments groups, different working attachments. We are not even able to meet up during lunch hour! Although looking forward to this final year of degree, but sometimes it's really lonely without them by my side.

In a sudden, nostalgic sinks in... There were the awkward moments during the first time we knew each other. There were the surprise birthday celebrations for all of us (and many a time they were a success). There were chats and laughter across the table during lunch hour. There were us having two whole rows of seats in the back of the class. There were those stressful periods when exams and assignments deadline are pushing. And not to forget, those happy moments spent together during trips. 

Now, without them I sit nearer to the front, and yet sometimes can't help it but turning my head around to look at the back, where we all sat together. I realised... we've all come so far.

You May Also Like

0 comments