The Big Three-O

by - Monday, May 15, 2017

Finally, I've joined the 30s Club - officially, no turning back. This piece is necessary for those people who made my birthday extra amazing this year. Birthday celebrations started as early as 2 weeks before the actual date. Just 2 Sundays before birthday came, I was blessed to have my Powerpuff w me (just like the usual years before), and we had a nice brunchie w long chats.


Thank you Powerpuffs :)
Then, on the Friday right before birthday, I had a small but warm-hearted celebration w my family. These people who gave me life, and everything in life - I thank God to have them, and forever be grateful that I'm the youngest in the family (not anymore after baby Ethan is born). Thank you for showering me w the best, and gave me the most amazing moments and always be there for me no matter how hard I fall. Thank you for all the support and encouragement, and being my strength pillars. W all my heart, I wished upon the candle on my cake - that we will forever be healthy and happy as we are now. We don't get to choose our family, but if there's afterlife I would wanna be apart of this family all over again, and again, and again.


My birthday bundle!
On the actual day, I have a date w dear. And as all the years before, she never missed my birthdays. Even when she was away to study, there were calls and birthday cards from afar. And this year makes no exception. Dear said she will be the chauffeur for the day, all I have to do is to get dressed and wait for her to come pick us for dinner. As we reached the cafe, and I pushed open the glass door - there I was surprised by these lovely bunch of girls. They had been here since secondary school days, and we had shared so much and so many stories to tell. We were always together during life events, and supported each other at difficult times. Thank you my fair ladies, my happy pills for celebrating this special moment w me as I join you all last in this 30s club. We didn't grow older, we grow wiser :)



My fairladies, #myhappypills
Special thanks to this girl next to me, not only on this particular day but throughout my whole life till' now - braving me through life's ups and downs, picking me up when I hit the ground, slapping me with harsh truth when she needs to, putting sense into me, and plainly just be there for me no matter when I needed her or not. Thank you for being a sister from another mother, showing me kindness and pampering me all the time. Your surprise is yet another success - the blue Magdalene cake and that bunch of sweet pink roses definitely filled my heart much. 30 is not gonna be the same without you. Here's to many more birthdays together! ♥️


Forever my Dearie
"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears."
― 
John Lennon


This is definitely one birthday to be remembered :)

You May Also Like

0 comments