A Birthday So Fine

by - Friday, May 18, 2012

The same question played in my mind for many times, two days before my birthday. "Will you be here on my birthday?" Like how I wanted you to promise me. But after the leaving on that morning, I realised whether or not you could fulfill that promise is no longer that important. Because, important is I hope I could still smile when I see you.

The day started slow with a healthy morning jog. I never really liked jogging, but this time around the jog brought me far from unnecessary thoughts. I found out that while I jogged in this big park, there are so many routes that I can take to reach the endpoint. It's the same in life, there are so many roads to be taken, some farther, some nearer. But, so long the road I choose is the one that brings me to the endpoint while being happy in the process then the distance does not matters so much, isn't it? 

After resting properly, it's time for celebration. Finallyyyyy, I got to watch this long-awaiting movie - The Avengers! As what we have promised each other, all dears must watch this together. We have waited for the exams to end, waited for dear to come back from Taiwan, waited till' the gala night was over, waited and waited and waited...

My favourite superhero: Agent Natasha Romanoff. So cool, too cool  =)

Must-watch-movies list consider checked. Both Battleship and The Avengers. And how glad I am, you were with me for these two movies, sat right beside me, fed me with popcorns. 

Dinner was joined by another 2 more good friends. Went to Brotzeit for the first time (again, it reminded me that we said we wanted to try this restaurant. I know that's the reason why you suggested it too... I think I reminded you some moments of ours too) Food was good, but the company was even better. I've listened to you guys singing me birthday song for 4 times! I felt heads turned to our side in the restaurant, and my cheeks were burned with flames, and yet I can't help smiling. You guys brought me so much laughter. 

The big dinner!

I wished, I blew, I cut - Thank you loves!
With the girls

With the guys

Lastly, a drive up to Genting completed my day. Having drinks, and few rounds of Monopoly card games made our bonding stronger. We didn't "fan toi" in the end, did we? =) 
On the way back in the car, I was silent for a few moments. Cause' you were sitting next to me, and I can't help but to think back that was the same exact situation when you first held my hand. Back then, you held me in your hugs and slid your hand into mine, trying to put me to sleep with your gentle strokes. I was wondering if you thought of that night when we first hugged, even for a second because that was a piece of memory that only we both shared. 

Birthday only needs to be this way. Simple and warm, with those who love me and I love. 




Little joy of the day: Was relieved that I not could only smile when I was with you, but I could laugh as well. I guess things between us didn't change much.  

You May Also Like

0 comments