Second Home

by - Sunday, September 02, 2018

I rarely get the chance to sit down quietly and spend time with myself these days. And when it happens, I found myself too tired to do much - I feel like lying down on the bed doing nothing at all. However, instead of sleeping it away (on this perfect rainy day), writing down my thoughts seems to be the only appropriate thing to do. 

Today marks my 4th year here. It's not a long time, but definitely not short either. Gone were the days I long to go home and desperately counting down the hours to leave this place once I call horrible. It's getting better day by day and became bearable because of the people I met here. When I first came, I never really give much thought to the life I'll be having here - cause' I told myself "this is just work, no feelings attached". But as time goes by, my feelings grew much for this place, the people here. Though' there are many hateful things to complain of, the joy I received far more surpass all those hatred.

These people I met here gave me the strength to continue staying here, and make each day counts. They are the ones who gave me everything when I had nothing to begin with. It's amazing that true friendship actually exist among co-workers, and I actually miss their company when I spend long holidays / sick leave away from them. Daily lunch / dinner outings and weekly cooking / game / badminton sessions make life here interesting and fun. 

Colleagues here turn into real friends, staying together sometimes like a family - and now have a place I call my second home. 


Not a boring moment w this fun bunch at the office - even OT was made fun








Wednesdays cooking




You May Also Like

0 comments