Under The Sea: Tenggol

by - Friday, March 29, 2019



After 6 long years of getting my OW license, and 5 torturing cold hours of training in the pool (refresher + buoyancy clinic) until the wee hours, I'm back into under the sea again. My every adventure starts with boo who seems to have instilled some bravery into me. She’s always there to assure me that we’re gonna be fine, and fun guaranteed. I’ve not heard of Tenggol Island (an island of the coast of Terengganu) not until she mentioned. 

We added a dive on our last day and made it to a total of 6 dives in 2 days. Taxing but SO MUCH FUN! Of course, I took abit of time to adapt myself during the first two dives - got slightly anxious on my first backroll, kept looking at the pressure gauge ensuring I have enough oxygen supply, and busy chasing the ends of my dive mates worried that I might lose them in sight. 

One thing to keep in mind when diving at Tenggol - trigger fish alert! These ferocious fishes attack and bite people and being the clumsy me as always, I almost kicked one. Not avoiding it, but went straight into it - yeap, that’s me. The choppy water and strong current frightened me a little on our second dive, where i slapped straight into the corals while descending, and made my knee bleed. That’s how accident-prone I am. Very quickly enough, I gained my posture and was already in awe with the beautiful surroundings. 

My favorite of all would be the cute little boxfish, and I was lucky enough to have saw two playing with each other. What I liked about the dive sites at Tenggol is that the waters and its marine life are (still) very well-preserved. Corals are healthy and made underwater world very beautiful and colourful - as if we are swimming in a huge aquarium.

Though’ we came in hopes of seeing the ‘big boss’ (whale shark), but we weren’t disappointed with its no show cause’ the place is so amazing and I would love to come back here again, one day. 






You May Also Like

0 comments