Weathering The Storm

by - Friday, April 19, 2019



This is me checking in on one of those rare nights, not sleeping and typing away my thoughts. I once used to write so much, pouring out all my feelings / thoughts into comprehensible words so that one day when I come back to this little hideout of mine - I know exactly what I had been through. Writing during midnight calms me, and if not straighten out my messy thoughts.

Life's not always sunshine and rainbows, I know. But what I do not know is how to weather the storm before rainbows appear. People always say, if life throws lemons at you, you make lemon juice. But exactly how easy it is to make lemon juice? What’s the perfect recipe to make it less sour and bearable and if can a little bit sweeter? Always easier said than done, no?

Everytime when we think we have stopped believing, and are done with broken hearts and disappointments - and again, we let ourselves down. To always love, and in hopes of being loved, only to be shown that all these are wishful thinking, too-beautiful dreams that we are reluctant to wake up from. 

But isn’t this life? To be always caught up in a cycle of healing and breaking, falling and standing up tall again. It’s a journey of good and bad times, happy and sad days. For there’s no rain, the sun won’t shine. Till’ then I’ll be mending my broken heart until the next right one comes along. 

You May Also Like

0 comments