Hello, 2020

by - Saturday, February 15, 2020


When I was younger, I imagined that 2020 is a year where cars will fly, domestic maids are replaced by AIs. There would be UFOs, and people might actually travel to the moon. That's what the teachers taught us to imagine when we were to write an essay on "Vision 2020".

Nothing of the above turned out to be true, instead we were slapped by Covid-19 pandemic. A real tight slap in our faces and suddenly everything comes to a halt. Now that the most anticipated year has arrived, I'm just another year older - waiting for miracles to happen, dreams to be realized. While the whole nation is slowing down our paces to fight the virus, trying to flatten the curve, here I found some free time to write.

2019 had been a roller-coaster ride. Ups, downs and ended quickly like a flash. Had a few trips with family and friends, looked into a different side of the world  - spent quality time and took time to rest and recharged. Bonded well with my adventurous bunch and took up hiking as weekend activity. As much as I hate hiking, I love spending time with these people as they always give me the most positive vibes and telling me nothing is really impossible. I've come to like working out sessions and feeling the endorphins release gives me much satisfaction. Went for diving again after 6 years, reunited with long-time friends are all sweet encounters. 

Of course, life is not always beautiful. Work had been a pain this year. Too much of politics, and too much of favoritism. Waking up to work daily became a hateful routine, however things were made easier with my housemates around. Daily cooking session became the only thing I looked forward to on working days. I guess it's really time to leave Temerloh. Everything has come to a plateau and there's not much job satisfaction these days. 

Opened up my heart and believed in something again only to be brought down to disappointment. I've read before somewhere that we should indulge and embrace our feelings for it says if we fully experience those feelings then detachment is possible. I'm someone who doesn't like parting with a memory in my life, but sometimes holding makes the heart heavy. 

2020, you've been quite harsh as you came along. However, I'm ready for all you have in store. Bring it on! 

"I think part of growing up is learning how to sit down the floor with all your things and figuring out what to take with you and what to leave behind." - Hannah Brencher 

You May Also Like

0 comments