Au Revoir

by - Sunday, December 15, 2019

I am really bad at farewells. Although I went through this for multiple times, yet I never learn how to detach. Knowing things are impermanent, I still cling onto things / people / moments that won't last. 

"The two hardest things to say in life is hello for the first time and goodbye for the last." - Moira Rogers. 
I remember the first day when you came into office, and back in my head I thought "What an arrogant guy". Never I thought you will become my housemate and turned out to be the closest person to me here. 

After two years of the same routine of going work, off work, lunch and cooking dinners together - it's time for you to leave. I never knew the true meaning of housemates, not until you and boo moved in and there we started eating in instead of searching for outside food. How time flies, it felt just like yesterday when you first moved in. Two years, the changes seems insignificant but you've always tried to show me the positive side of yours, even though you might not be feeling it. Vice versa, I hope I made a positive impact in this short chapter of your life too.

Like you said, all good things must come to an end. You've once told me that you will always be grateful for me no matter at which corner of the world we are at in the future, and wants me to know that you will never rub away this piece of memory of us.  

My dramatic housemates, my strength pillars

Omg Omg Omg


Piggg, thank you for the 
- 100 home cooked meals
- 150 walks back home together
- 6 months of night shift company, where you made dinner and accompanied me on the walk back during midnight

"It's sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life, starts with goodbye." - Carrie Underwood. 
I'm really glad one of us is actually leaving this place for a better good. 
And, if we are to meet again someday, I wish for it to be a sunny day. 

You May Also Like

0 comments