Random...

by - Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'm back!! After the long disappearance due to my final exams... Well, today is the first day after I've finished exam. Nothing much I can do except spring cleaning in the house. Why would I call it spring cleaning? Because I'm cleaning for the coming Chinese New Year, and Chinese New Year comes in spring.. Do I get myself right? I supposed so...

While cleaning, only I realized that there were so much of thrash in the sides of my study table, in the drawers, on the chairs, under the table... everywhere! And so, I've sat down quietly emptying everything in the drawers and looked at them, item by item. There were lots of CDs - which I've spent every cent on my own for that collection. There were itineraries and maps from places I've visited, secondary school projects involving those carpentering and sewing, birthday and Christmas presents which I kept from years ago.. and not to forget a box where I placed all the old greeting cards - Birthdays, Christmas, New Years, Chinese New Years, Missing you cards. And I've wonder how the technology nowadays have taken over the world. No one send or write cards anymore, are they? How come I didn't receive any for the last couple of years except for e-cards, sms-es, e-mails... But not a solid card which comes in a sealed envelope. Too bad.. isn't it?

While I was rummaging through the stuff, I saw a white piece of paper and without any thinking, I opened it and scanned the contents in it. It was my grandfather's photocopied death certificate. He passed away in 2003 one week before the Chinese New Year, and because of that, the family misses him even more at this time of the year. Last week was his 5th year being away from us. My thoughts carried me away to those days when he was still with us, and I silently folded this white piece of paper and placed it neatly into the drawer again, reluctant to put it into the bin.

Then I proceeded to the second drawer where I found a medium-sized box where I locked out the memories of us. At this moment, I opened it and again looking at all the things he left behind. There were few photos of us. Wait. When was the last time we took a picture together? Can't recall. I guess that must be long... I made myself a mental note to have a picture with him when we meet up. No. Should say if we ever meet up. *shrugs* Then there was this tiny birthday card he gave me. First and the last one from him. I almost forget how his handwriting is until I see the card again. It's weird that a human's memory is so short-termed. I think it's designated like that so that we won't keep the sad past with us, leaving only the happy ones. ^^ But again, the memory is not that short-termed I guess because all these happened 2 years ago. And that was during Chinese New Year too. Seems like quite a lot of events happened to me on this festive season. New year, new beginning? Perhaps... Somehow, I'm still very looking forward to this coming Chinese New Year.

Little did I know that, there are so many things missing under my possesion. I lost Cat's memory car reader. Damn. When has that happened?! Then, there was this hair clip which I really liked and I used it during my exam days. It has gone too. My beloved book of year 2007 - P/S I Love You. It's missing too! I cannot remember borowing it to someone else, but where could it be? Gosh... what else can can go MIA (missing in action)... sobs sobs.. :(

Author's note: Memories are always beautiful because we live in it...



You May Also Like

0 comments