Down the memory lane II

by - Monday, December 31, 2007

It's hard to believe that it is this time of the year again... yes, what I'm saying is the year-end. Time really flies, and in a blink of an eye, 2007 is coming to an end. I still remembered vividly my shout-out when I first stepped into 2007 was "Hoping that 2007 will pass soon, and 2008 will come faster". And I guess, God granted my wish. I indeed went through this year as fast as a roller-coaster ride. People tells me that when I'm happy, I will feel that time passes even more quickly. And so now... I'm questioning myself, did I lead my life happily without regrets during 2007? There might be really happy moments, but I guess the regrets are still there. The same regret I had the year before, and I hope I don't carry this forward to 2008. It's been following me way too long and I don't like even the slightest bit of it.

I've always thought.. always thought... that if time passes faster, I'll forget unwanted things quickly. Oh boy, how wrong I was! There are things that are just unforgettable, irreplaceable... So I think it's best to be left alone rather than to make myself forget them. Although somethings might had happened for more than a year, the memory still stays fresh as if it only happened yesterday. I could still see many faces of myself from the past, and I'm not ready to let them go - not this moment at least.

Well, I could term year 2007 as The Year of Friendship. Why would I say that? It's because during this year itself, I've made myself quite a handful of new friends which I found myself very lucky to have meet them. Besides, I've strengthened my friendship with my current circle of friends. I admit it's kinda hard to maintain a really good friendship, but how glad am I when I managed to do it. 2007 is a crucial year for me. Without my loved ones - family and friends (you guys know who you are), I couldn't have stayed strong and positive until the end of the year. There were really very down moments and deep scars left during 2006, and I've used the entire year to make a better me. And I'm glad to say that I've gone over it. 2008 will be definitely a kick-ass year ahead, and I'm so looking forward to it.

"I'm not going to list down month by month on what I've done for this whole year, but I'll write down few highlights of the year. Well, there was this really superb fireworks at One U during my 1st day of 2007. Only a year, things changed drastically. There were 5 of us celebrating New Year's Eve then, and three of them went overseas to work already. Left only sister and I, and I'm so relieved with her presence. And then, of course the Chinese New Year which could never be missed because I really love the moment when I received those red packets - and I could tell myself, I'm temporarily rich! Besides, the family gathering is what made me happiest. Nothing beats the family dinner although it will be noisy and pack with all family members. That spells B-L-I-S-S.
Oh, and not to forget, since leaving secondary school, I've never been to it's
sports day anymore until this year... I went back there, at that stadium although for just a brief moment, but I was happy. Really.
Another very very unforgettable event... I met my friends of 11 years again. At last. How much I missed them... They celebrated my
20th birthday for me, and it nearly made me cry. I never expected them to remember my birthday after not seeing them for 11 years. Gosh. That was a long period... I shall keep in touch with them more often I promise. And I definitely will.
After longing for so long so long, I at last successfully went on a
trip to Redang on June!! The sandy beaches, crystal-clear sea and sun was just fascinating. I missed the cold breeze, the pale moonlight and bright stars. I loved it there. And I vowed, I shall return someday somehow.
After going through 10 years of piano lessons, I at last got my Grade 8 piano exam cert this year. After stopping for exams at least 3 years and some failures during my period of learning, I can now happily announce that yes, I'm a
Grade 8 cert holder. ^^
Then during the month of October, I was busy and broke because of the
prom night held by SALSA club at college. It was my first ever prom and mind me, it might be my last one. But I did enjoyed my night, so I don't mind it being my first and last time. A happy memory only needs once to lasts a lifetime.
Then... the depress moment of the year finally arrives. On
14/12/2007 it was my last day of class in college, and this simply means it will be my very last time studying together with my beloved college friends. I felt so sad to leave them.. especially my "sisters"... Miss them so much... :(
And.. last but not the least, Kien how a.k.a my
jie fu already left for US on 27th. We made him a farewell party at my place, and celebrated his birthday a month earlier. Then with a heavy heart, few of us went to KLIA to see him off. Yes, I've said 2008 will be an awaiting year for me, but it might not be for my dear. Hopefully she'll adapted to jie fu's leaving soon. She'll have my full support of course, because without her, I'll be so lost during my saddest times. It's my turn paying back her some good deeds."

Of course, time passes, but happy memories of the year gone by, will be in my heart forever. So to all my darlings, dears, sweetie-pies, whatever I used to call you guys.. thanks for making a great year with me. Thanks for leaving your foot prints in my life when I needed you all the most. So, have a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR people!!

Author's note: The journey is the reward.
May this year New Year (2008) be a step forward...
That leads you all to new roads to explore..
And new success to reach!


You May Also Like

0 comments