A Long Awaited Family Trip

by - Thursday, March 27, 2008

A long awaited trip - Bali, Indonesia.... and also a long awaited post... I was supposed to write this earlier, but I just couldn't search for the time... 24 hours a day is just not enough!
Very quickly, I've came back from my Bali trip for one week. This is trip I've longing for since last year. It's been a long long time that 5 of us went off to a trip. I missed how my family spent time together. :) This trip was an enjoyable one although the weather there was quite unpredictable. It is really hot and sunny this minute then the heavy rain comes in the next. Our itenary was interrupted but we still enjoyed ourselves.
Bali is a place where the people are very hardworking. They wake up early in the morning and work till night and then spend time with their family. Their life compared to us, I guess it's very different. They don't have much entertainment and night life. Although the children there are poor and have to walk to school for hours, and some have to start working at early age, they don't seem to mind at all. Happy faces are seen and laughter are heard.
Few places at Bali really did fascinated me. I especially like the hilltop at Kintamani where the weather is so much cooler and the views are breath-taking. Having lunch on top of the hill over-looking the volcano and lake is awesome! Then, there was this temple which left me a deep impression because this temple is built on the edge of the cliff of the sea. So, people can only go for praying when it is low-tide. During high-tide, the temple is completely covered underneath the seawater. Impressive, huh?
Shopping at Bali is really nice! The accessories cost so much lower than Malaysia and I'm soooo regret that I didn't get to buy more. There were too many selections and at last I couldn't decide, so only bought few. Bags and sandals are really famous here - all hand made. We didn't had much time to shop because our itenary doesn't allow us to do that plus whenever we wanted to go out for walk and shop, the weather will start to rain. :(
All in all, the trip was a really nice one and hopefully there will be more of this trip coming up. ^^
p/s: Photos will be uploaded asap...

You May Also Like

0 comments