A girls night out!

by - Monday, August 11, 2008

I was supposed to post this much much earlier, but I drafted it and had no time for it until now. This is specially written for Yun and Key's 22nd birthday. I remembered I written a post for them last year on their 21st and now can't stop thinking how fast time passes. The memory of celebrating their birthdays last year is still very vivid in my mind, and yet last night (9/8) is another celebration.

This time around, we went shopping before our dinner and had really good time... As it has been long since I went out with a group of girls (there were 5 of us). The feeling of going out with a bunch of girls is really different from normal outings. We girls normally can't run far from topics like clothings, shoes, make-ups... and some juicy gossips. (not that we spent a lot of time on this last night.. ><)

After much considerations, we ended up in Italiannies for this major celebration (my 2nd time this month.. so gonna broke) with another 2 friends joining us later with a birthday cake. Before that, I excused myself with the reason finding a friend who works part time in MidValley because I need some time alone searching the perfect gifts for Yun and Key. I am always very particular about buying gifts for friends, especially close ones. I wanted to see a facial expression which I hoped to see when they receive my presents for them. As we are all gradually testing out make-ups, I decided to buy Key a limited-edition-summer-collection-pink-colour-lipstick (phew... that was long enough) from Bodyshop. Then, I had to rush to Three-point-six for the nth time to look at Yun's gift again. I haven't decide to buy it until I'm really sure she'll like it. A very cute Mickey Mouse carry bag. Those we can bring to trips as toiletries bag or cosmetic pouch. Practical and useful. Then went to a gift shop and bought another 2 small cards and wrote my message in there plus having them wrapped up very nicely. All in all, I use less than 2 hours. Great record for myself I thought. Mei Yin knew about my plan of buying gifts and thought I was pretty fast too. ><

We always say "save the best for last". When dinner has finished, and we sang birthday song and all - paid the bill... Enjoyed the free bread-butter-pudding (okay... we didn't really enjoy that.. but hey, it's free!) The last event of the night comes in.. Presenting gifts time. Key and Yun were really delighted seeing my presents for them. And I was more than happy to have chose the right things. All smiles was on my face. When I thought presenting gifts was the last event, oh I was so wrong. There is a 2nd round of "yum cha" session after dinner at 2046 cafe where we celebrated their birthdays last year.

When I reached, all memories came flooded my mind. The place where we sat. The moment they blew their candles. The people we met. And the laughters we have shared. The thinking "Time passes damn fast" came across my mind again. My memory was so fresh and yet the time waits for none of us.

But again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dears - the two important friends I've met along my way to adulthood. ^^







Aw... the 2 lucky guys of the night... =p

You May Also Like

0 comments