Goodbye

by - Sunday, January 02, 2011

It is my habit to walk down the memory lane when each year ends.

This year I'll make an exception because, I couldn't remember what happened in the past one year as you are the only one I can think of in mind now... And the fact that you are leaving is making things worse.
We have been going out a lot recently, and each time we made it a point to keep that a secret due to many reasons. No matter what the reasons are, being with you tells me that I am still important as you have chosen me to share your secrets with. After knowing everything about you, I finally feel that I really know you, as a person in and out. I couldn't make myself distance away from you today - at the very first day of the new year. Because I know this will be the last time we will be together alone. Again, you told me to keep this as a secret between us, and this time I intend to do so myself too. Because, I feel this is a moment that we should share together, alone... Sitting beside you, hearing what you have to say, laughing at silly jokes, discussing about recent pictures are memories enough to last for the moments when you are away. Your sudden announcement about your leaving nights ago made me realised that I have been relying too much on you... I have to start adapting to life without you. I always hate goodbyes especially with my close friends, but again.. your leaving is all for your own good so I will pray for all the best for you. Because of you, I was reluctant to bid farewell to 2010. I need more time to prepare myself to stay away from you, and need time to stop myself from thinking of you the first thing when I am dealing with any obstacles or problems. And today, I told myself... The first day of the year will be the last time I spend quiet moments with you. This is the day I will do less talking and listen more to you, so that I remember how your voice sounds like... This is the day I will look you at you more in the eye, so that I remember how honest you are to me... This is the day I will laugh together with you, so that I remember how happy your face is... Thank you for spending those moments with me. With these, I am finally ready to say goodbye to 2010 and welcome 2011 with new resolutions. I promise, you will see a new me when you come back again. =)
A moment belongs to only both of us...

You May Also Like

0 comments