Happy Mama's Day

by - Friday, May 20, 2011

Was thinking to blog this post in my mum's favorite color, but it suddenly hits me when I realize that I don't know what's mummy's favorite color. But since I like blue, I think she will too, as this is always the way ever since I was born. I seldom talk about family, but when I do so I have long stories to share. I am the youngest in the family, and because of this I am very much loved and pampered. 
Mummy is famous for her fierce character, short-tempered and strict. However, facing her children, her heart can melt too. During our younger days, mum always told us how important education is, and how our future depends on it. She made us learn a lot of things, and going for never-ending classes. While I see my friends enjoying their weekends away, I am always rushing for back-to-back classes - from tuition classes to piano to mental arithmetic to swimming. As the youngest in the family, I am more fortunate as I get to learn most things, and thank god I completed each and every thing I've learnt.
Before moving to this bigger house, I remembered staying in a smaller place until I was eight. I remembered vividly that in the old house, mum would make us finish our homework right after lunch. We were also demanded to do a lot of revision books, with her staring at us holding a hanger in hand. Yes, the hanger which we use to hang clothes, and do not hesitate whether she will beat us with that, because she did that.
Other than being fierce, mum does a lot of nagging too. She nags everyday about everything. But, I've always know it's all for our own good - but sometimes I wish to tell my mum "We are grown-ups already. We know what to do." But I guess, in her heart we are always her children who has never grown too much from the day when we were born. 
Mum is a stingy person too. She never spend a lot and is always calculating the money she has. But, I know too that one day when she is gone all those money saved is for us. She is planning for our future, so that we have better life without her. However if there's a chance I would like to tell mum that "I hope God will never take you away as you are more important than money". No matter how stingy, mum is always generous to us. We always receive the best - from shelter to clothes to foods. 
Mum is also a person with contradictions. She hopes that we can excel in our studies, so everytime when I am studying hard, burning midnight oil away for exams she's very happy because she sees that I put in effort. But then, she regretted asking me to study so hard because her heart aches seeing my dark eye circles forming, as she fears that my health will deteriorate.



So, my dear mum is a very special person, isn't she? No one can replace her in this world. =)

You May Also Like

0 comments