Walking Down The Memory Lane

by - Monday, January 02, 2012

This is my 7th year into blogging. Blogging seems to be the perfect (only) place to express my unspoken thoughts, things I've learnt, and untold secrets. The past one year just glided through without me realising how fast time flies.As the old saying goes, "time waits for no man" - I believe so. 

Everytime this year, I set myself in a nostalgic mood, recapping everything that had happened, reminding myself on the mistakes made, and each time I mark an ending on these recollections I tell myself to appreciate people around me no matter what happens. Last year was a difficult year. I had multiple car accidents (although all minor ones, but enough to drove me crazy). I also had bad relationships - from family to friends to personal. There were quarrels, arguments, tears and reconciliation. When it comes to studies, where I thought everything's gonna be fine because this is the only thing I can have control on my own, and yet I failed terribly in doing so. I have to admit that I shed a little too much of tears last year. 

People had been asking me what are my new year resolutions. I tried to sit and think, but I couldn't come up with any and so I've decided I'm not gonna make resolutions for the sake of making them, but I'll have them as the time goes by. I'll just let things flow naturally, and I'll do whatever I want this year - as long as I'm happy with them (even sometimes I need to be a devil). I want to have control of my life, and I'm gonna tell myself "I'll be alright".

Because of all the bad things happened, I realise how simple happiness can be. Reaching to classes early morning safely without car accidents is a thankful event, a normal Sunday family outing is a bliss, late evening chats with my dear is lovely, outings with friends are happening, and having my BFF by my side when I fall is a blessing. Out of so many people, I somehow found comfort in you, in your warm hugs. Thank you bie.

To wrap up the last days of year 2011, the eve eve was spent with my dear. It was after her work and we had late night chattings while it was raining outside. The weather was cold, but our hearts were warm. Thank you dear for have staying by my side for so many years. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't meet you at all. Thank you.

The eve was spent with my family and my ex. Unexpected. I should say the outing was unexpectedly good. I couldn't remember the last time I felt so relaxed going out with him, really I mean really treating him as a best friend. We talked about the our past, our present, and a little bit our future (separately, of course). I've never thought that broke up couples could hang out like us again, watching fireworks together (with so many other couples with us - I'm guessing we are the only ex couple) and the feeling is incredibly good. To this old friend of mine, you promised me a seat on your wedding day and I'll be counting you on that. Like I've always said you will forever remain as someone a little bit more important than the others, a little bit more special. Thank you for the past.

New year day was spent with my girls. A brief lunch we had, but enough to savour the moments alone in the restaurant with us being the only table. Laughter filled the air as we talked. This is the 4th year we are stepping into our friendship, and I know this will last as long as we live. Thank you honey and dear.

Last but not least, to this first post of year 2012, the people I am most thankful of - my family 

You May Also Like

0 comments