Almost A Year Now

by - Saturday, May 23, 2015

Very quickly, time past and birthday was here again last two weeks. As I grow older, lesser the friends I spend my time with - the ones left are my family, dear and a few more close friends who are here for me no matter what happens. I guess this are friends for life. 






After birthday past, I know I have merely another 16 weeks to a year at Temerloh now. When I first came to this unfamiliar place and staying away from home for the first time, other than the tiny tinge of excitement, all left was just fear and endless worries. However, I'm glad that I'm finally settling in and got to know some kind and helpful colleagues as well as new friends. People here do not stay - they come and go, and each time when someone leaves, I do not know if we will see each other again.

Staying away from home gives me the freedom that I've never had before. A snap of idea on what I want to do next, I can just make it happen. However, staying alone too means being responsible to myself and independent at all times. I've experienced things I've never imagine myself doing before - I now can eat alone, jog alone, sleep alone in an empty house, even coming to the cinema to watch movie alone. The body immune system seems to be building up too when I'm alone. Without the endless care and homecooked food from mummy, just a night's of long sleep makes the body recovers fully the very next morning. 

Other than being alone during on call times, I have a bunch of friends that I laugh and eat with every night, play badminton on every Tuesday night, sometime movies on Wednesdays - I think life isn't at all bad here. 

But no matter what, home is still where the heart is. I will return, someday soon.

112 days left at Temerloh..

You May Also Like

0 comments