Hking "expedition" [180709]

by - Friday, July 31, 2009

Ever since young, I've always been weak in sports. If there's a choice, I will rather sit in a room and read a good book, or played a few of those mastermind games than having a match of badminton. I remembered during secondary school, it was compulsory for every student to participate in at least one game representing the class. And I always participated in chess. I've won medals, but somehow never felt proud as I grew older I didn't have the courage to participate in any outdoor activities. I've missed my chance to learn how to play badminton.
I've missed my chance to learn how to play volleyball.
I've never learned how to cycle. And that's a real disadvantage!!
During secondary four, thanks to my dear, I at last participated in a different game. I involved myself in netball and basketball. Although I was not good, but I felt good. I've went to a camping trip in secondary six, and it was the one and only.

The only sports I felt confident in was swimming. I took swimming classes as young as 7 years old, and never regretted that I am able to swim! I told myself, if there's a chance to turn back the time, I will try to be more active outdoors...

When a coursemate organized a mini hiking trip, I was more happy than to say yes.
I know I might be the slowest and weakest among all.
I know I might be whining and groaning when I sweat like hell, or tired till I barely walk.
I know I might not be able to even make it - as I have very low stamina.
And yet, I refused to sit at home seeing all the others going.

On a wonderful Saturday morning, all 14 of us gathered and went to "Ah Pak Shan" at Cheras. We were all looking fresh - before we started our journey up the hill. The ojective of the day was to reach the waterfall. No waterfall, no turning back!


The guys posing randomly or.. should i say stupidly? :p


The girls ready to make the 1st step...


It has proven that I made the right choice... ^^ I enjoyed the hiking "trip". I kinda worried my coursemates I think. All the way uphill, I've been hearing different people calling out my name.
"Be careful ya mina.. ", "Ga yao oh mina", "Still can or not mina?", "tired or not mina?", "need help or not mina?". I was not the last, nor the weakest. I managed to catch up with the rest of them, and wondering why they were so concerned. I don't really feel too suffering actually. But again, I might be portraying a near-to-death look. >.<



I love this picture!! ^^


I'm seriously surrounded by trees and bushes - in the middle of nowhere..


My study companion.. We've been through a lot during study break, and hence the good relationship among us. =)


Part of my "family" members.. Am glad to have found them in this tough 4-year course.


They brought me smiles and laughters!


The "hiking" expedition took us almost 5 hours to finish the whole journey. Although it was tiring, but very rewarding. To be able to spend quality time together with my beloved coursemates, who cares if I have a few bruises here and there, or if I can barely walk the next day because of the muscle pains and cramps? The memory is enough to ease away those pains.

It was my first hiking experience, but definitely not the last!

You May Also Like

3 comments