It's been a while...

by - Thursday, October 13, 2011

....since I see them in person. I've never thought I could be in love with a boy band for such a long long time. Well, long enough that they are no longer a boy band. They are way over the age of being boys, and I too have grown up. I was in my secondary school days when I first saw them in the field having a friendly football match with our Malaysia team. While being a Malaysian, I was supposed to be shouting and supporting my country, but how could I when Shane was in sight. =) 

9 years ago, dear, cousie and I went for this match. 9 years later, 3 of us again (die-hard Westlife fans) were there at the stadium to watch Westlife Gravity Tour 2011. I cheered at their appearance, smiled and sang along when I heard familiar songs that accompanied me throughout my years of growing up, and listened quietly during the slow songs. Slowly, my mind drifted away... It's like there's no one else around. Their songs were soothing to my ears, as always...

Highlight of the night: A live proposal on stage! I've never seen anyone proposed before (the kneeling on the ground while saying "Will you marry me?") and neither I've seen anyone being proposed to. And on this special night, I've witnessed a little bit of romance happening in the realistic life of ours. 

My song (sadly they didn't sing this in the concert),

Once, I was the queen of your heart... And I thank you for that


p/s: For a moment, I left my heart in the stadium, reluctant to leave...

You May Also Like

0 comments