Happy Birthday

by - Sunday, July 15, 2012

I wanted to be there on your birthday, like how you did on mine. It's not easy to see you nowadays, and even more harder to be alone with you. I insisted to own your time on Saturday night, stubbornly wanted a meet up although I know you are tired. Dinner was simple and relaxing, quiet without the interference of others, only us chatting and laughing occasionally. 

It was only 11.30pm when you almost reached my home, 30 minutes more to your birthday! I need to buy some time, so it left me with no choice but to asked you to pull over your car. Time seems to have frozen when I need it to speed up. Finally, decided to just give you your pressies before 12am. But, I insisted to only say "Happy Birthday" when the right time comes. 

The moment you pulled over, memories came flooding my mind. We did that before, when you sent me home for the first time. We stopped at that same exact spot, talking in the car, enjoying each other's company. Your touch felt warm, the way you patted my head felt similar. It feels like the days we've just got close with each other. Then, I realized "Ah... yes. We've come this far." It's almost a year now. 

We continued chatting some more when midnight passed, and ended the night with a warm hug. Happy birthday, bie. This is the first birthday I'm with you alone, and probably the last one. I'm glad you like the pressies and my new fringe that I have. =) 


You May Also Like

0 comments