Happy Mummy's Day

by - Sunday, May 12, 2013

To celebrate the day, we decided to bring mum for Shanghai cuisine at J.W. Marriot. Costly, but the food was great! Like many others Chinese lady, mum has always preferred Chinese food. 

Shanghai xiao long bao || drunken chicken || marinated cucumbers || lion's head || fried foo chuk || fried asparagus || steamed mantou || sweet and sour fish with taufu
Pomelo mango soup || complimentary heart-shaped jellies || black sesame tang yuan in ginger soup || fruits with cold almond pudding || red bean pastries


Mummy - a single word that brings so much more meaning than just simply calling it. She is the one who takes care of us (my brother, sister and I) when we are sick, cleans the house, cooks for the whole family, does the dishes, washes the clothes, and the list goes on. Like a wonder woman, doing all sorts of household chores and amazingly able to find those forever-will-go-missing-things whenever I shouted, "Mum! Where's my ...?"

As a person who is always strict since I was young, she made us learned everything thinking it's all for our own good. From swimming to computer lessons to piano, she was never tired to look through our workbooks (and always bringing a cane with her!). As we grew older, the softer she got and less scoldings as she know we are all old enough to know what we should do and we should not do. But then again due to her increasing age, nagging becomes a constant problem (again I knew it's still for our own good). 

These recent years, mum's age has been catching up pretty fast. She complained of  aching legs, tired body thinking that prolly' she has some underlying disease. I sometimes tried to push that though to the back of my mind, wanting to remember her as the strong woman always but it seems mum cannot be young forever. To all the future years of journey with mum, I promise I'll love you (only more, and not less).

You May Also Like

0 comments