5.05

by - Monday, May 06, 2013

Not a date easily forgotten since it's just merely ten days away from my birthday. My first time participating in the general election (GE), excited to be part of the people who cast the votes. Everything about 'ubah' makes things even more interesting compared to all the other GEs that had been held before. 

Before casting my vote, I was thinking about my position as soon-to-become a government servant, on whether the opposition is ready to be the new government, and how true were all the rumors spread through facebook, twitter, whatsapp... But then again, deep down in my heart I knew BN will not lose (only votes from the Esat M'sia would have covered those sits that they lost in Peninsular). I've always knew that there were lies, corruptions and the practice of gerrymandering in any form of political situations. All I've hoped from them is just a clean election, and yet this fails terribly. I can't help feeling disappointed at how much our government does not care about the 'rakyat', how ignorant they were thinking victory is certain. But oh boy, so wrong they were cause' though the people lost the fight but the government lost the trust of the people. People are starting to open their eyes, seeing that a change is needed, sensing that unity is actually courage.

We shall see again in GE 14'. 

You May Also Like

0 comments