CHINESE NEW YEAR

by - Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

There wasn't really Chinese New Year ( CNY ) mood this year. People are no longer excited by this festive season anymore. There weren't a lot of decorations in my neighborhood this year, and most of my friends went overseas for holiday instead staying to celebrate. Cousins and I were supposed to go on a trip too, but unfortunately, due to some mishaps, the trip has been cancelled. We were very disappointed and not really looking forward to CNY anymore.

However, CNY was not that bad when it arrives. The day before CNY, we at last felt a bit of excitement as I helped in decorating my house with loads of CNY stuff. Then we had reunion dinner at grandma's house like usual. Reunion dinner is always packed with relatives and the house is filled with warmth. Then all of us will go for the prayers at temples during midnight. I'm always happiest during the day before CNY... Because when CNY really comes, the feeling of excitement disappears as quickly as the feeling comes.

CNY this year was spent more or less like all the previous years. I've watched both CNY movies, Kungfu Dunk and CJ7. Movies were okay but there weren't really CNY movies like those productions last time. I've devoted most of my time to my family. The only thing different during this year's CNY is I never expected that Ah Hoong and friends will come and find me and even played cards at my house until 2.30am. Gosh.. Those 'gamblers'.. Haha.. Then we even spent the next whole day visiting house from house. We had dinner and they refused to let me pay my half. That was kind of them. It's the only surprise I have during this CNY. ^^

Then, I went to Seremban to visit my relatives. I'm always glad to go there because there many children around. I especially love to play with children. Only a year I haven't been meeting my nieces and nephews, and gosh.. How much they have grown. I have to chase them around in my high heels and that's definitely not an easy task. And I need to carry my 2 year old nephew a lot. He's just so cute and I can't resist playing with him although I'm tired. On the way back home during night, I fell asleep in the car.. At last some proper rest is granted.

Very quickly, CNY has gone by just like that... When CNY ends, we'll have to work hard for a year before the festive seasons are here again. So, wrap up your feelings and strive for the best in the new year people!

*****I didn't get to meet him at last... I expected that, but somehow, there is a tinge of disappointment in me. However, I'm already very used to this feeling, and I'm getting numb about it... So it's fine for me.*****



You May Also Like

0 comments