You are my one and only

by - Monday, June 18, 2007

He may look fierce, but he is kind in heart. He might be quiet but when he speaks, he's friendly. He is a man who goes by the law and holds on tightly to his principals. He might be stubborn but never stops trying. He is my daddy.
Daddy pampered me a lot, satisfying every need of mine. From education all the way to shopping. :)
Since young, daddy has been here for me for every single occasion in my life, be it the big ones or the small ones. Daddy was the one who carried me around when I was a baby. When it is time for me to enter kindergarten, daddy never stops persuading me to go to school even though I'm so reluctant to. He never once lays his hands on me. He will just talk to me patiently. When I was in primary school, I already knew how much I loathe artwork. And this results me in not getting my homework done. Daddy will always come to my rescue, finishing up my collage and staying beside me till midnight.
During the secondary school days, I've grown a lot bigger. But daddy still plays an important role. No matter what time I needed him to come and pick me up from school, he'll always be there waiting for me by the school gate. As a teenager, I've always attended various parties organized by friends. Daddy will be the one who fetched me to my friend's place and came picking me up later. As time goes by, I've learned to go out myself and sometimes returning home late. Although daddy is no longer my "driver", but he'll be waiting at home for me. At times, he will call me asking what is the time I'll reach home.. Where am I.. and stuff.
There was many a times, when I couldn't let my mum sign my report card because of my bad results, I would timidly handed in to my daddy, and he would signed it saying "do better the next semester"... He's been my biggest supporter for he always believe in me.
I'm a lucky child I admit. Since young, I had been given the opportunity to learn all sorts of things. I've attended mental arithmetic classes, piano classes, swimming classes and all... Including the stay-backs in school and tuitions, I had very hectic schedule. But daddy never once complains about fetching me to all these classes and paying all the amount of money. Whenever I have piano exams, daddy would be the one accompanying me, waiting me outside the exam room.
There is this one incident which I could remember vividly was, the 1st time I boarded on a plane. That was when I know I had air-sick. I couldn't help but vomiting through my whole journey, even to the extend of annoying people sitting close to me. Sister said " Can you please control yourself, and try not to vomit?"
Mummy said, "Get some sleep, then you won't be vomiting"...
But only daddy put his arm on my shoulders and gave me a tight squeeze saying, "Don't worry if you need to vomit. Don't worry if you can't sleep. I'll be staying here by your side, preparing you paper bags and tissues"...

Daddy, I could never thank you enough in words, nor kissing you on the cheek like I do every night when i was young for your unconditional love and care, but I just want you to know that,
Although I might not be the best daughter in the world, but for me, you are the best daddy ever. You are truly my one and only...
Happy Father's Day!!

You May Also Like

0 comments