Dream VS Reality

by - Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm sure everyone have their own dreams of achieving something great in life. To be different from others, to be more successful and stronger than people around them. However, how many could have realized their dreams? How many have gave up? The reality is often very different from what we've dreamt all along.
I, myself have my own dreams...

I've dreamed to become a good student and excel in my studies...
Reality is, I did excelled during younger years, but not now anymore, I'm stranded in my A-levels and waiting to leave it everyday...
I've
dreamed to become a good pianist...
Reality is, I don't have the talent in my hands. All I can do is passed my Grade 8 and finished up my course.
I've
dreamed of becoming a more creative person, to have some artistic skills...
Reality is, I can't even do a simple sketch, and my mind is blank when I'm asked for an idea on projects and assignments.
I've
dreamed of having a loyal companion whom I can rely for long..
Reality is, this companion couldn't even fulfill a simple promise, how could I still believe this person?
I've
dreamed to become a more attractive person, more sociable...
Reality is, I'm just a very simple person with nothing much to attract others. And I don't own good communication skills.
I've
dreamed of many many little things, but not one is realized yet. Dreams are meant to be pursued and not dreaming on. It's time to wake up from beautiful dreams and start to work on the reality, I guess. All good things have to come to an end. After all, no one is perfect, and nothing lasts forever...

But again, there's a quote I once came across,
"If you dare to dream it, then you can do it"

Am I supposed to keep dreaming on?


You May Also Like

0 comments