A farewell for a better tomorrow...

by - Saturday, May 03, 2008

The day for her to leave for India finally arrives. I made her a promise - to see her off at the airport, and I did so. There is something I've known all along, that is when people grows up, we will move into different paths striving towards our own goals. Friends will never stay by our sides forever because as we move on, there will always be new people to meet, new lives to lead on.

I can accept the fact that, I'm no longer a part of my friends' lives, I'm no longer in the picture. Perhaps later on in life, I will have a new life, new circle of friends too. However, she did left me a deep impression by leaving me lots of fond memories. She might be only a chapter in my life, but I believe this is one of the most beautiful and interesting one.

To say is often easier than said. I thought I could see her leaving us without dropping a tear, but at last I couldn't stop my tears when she went over and hugged me so hard, I could hardly breath... Because of the hug, and because of my heavy heart. When it is the time to let go, and feeling that we won't know what will happen to our close-knitted friendship in future, I realized I wasn't prepare to see her go off so sudden.

Whatever happens in the near future, I will always be thankful that once in my life's journey, I've got to know her and be the best of friends. Like what she wrote in her card for me... the next "sister's day" will be the day I'm awaiting for. No matter how heavy my heart is, I know myself it's a right choice to see her off happily...

**P/S: My dear... do take good care of yourself until our next meeting, I'll miss your presence a lot.. shall love you always..**


You May Also Like

0 comments