Down the memory lane III

by - Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Every year on this day, I will be flipping through my calendar pages, browsing through my phone - recapping all the events which happened throughout the year, wrapping up all loose ends and prepare for a new year ahead. A year is not long - I realized I didn't achieve much in this whole year and yet it has gone by. Nor it's short either - sometimes my memory failed me, making me forgetting things which happened just less than 2 months ago...

What have I done in 2008? This is what I'm asking myself at this moment, and yet my brain refused to cooperate, I can't think... I don't really know what I've done. It seems my time was wasted. My biggest achievement this year if you ask me, it will be getting accepted in a course I've wanted all along. And having to celebrate my 21st in a great success.


It's all mine! =)


Love them loads...


Cousins in the family always RULE


One of my fav photo of the year...


Birthday celebration was quite a massive one as celebration actually lasted one whole week. First one was celebrated at Crown Princess Hotel with all my family and relatives. Then it was celebrated with college friends who brought me to a club - Poppi Garden,ended up reaching home at 4am in the morning. Not to forget the "sisters" who went out lunch with me and spent precious time together. Last one was a surprise planned by my dear. Never in my dreams I thought of celebrating my birthday with so many of my form 6 school mates + seeing so many candles arranged on the floor for me to blow. I was touched to tears... Thank you all!
21st birthday, I've blew FOUR cakes! =) Presents were uncountable...


Not to forget the wedding of the year!


Cousins with the lovely bride...


Recapping on the past was never an easy task for me. I am a person who adjust to new things easily, but not readily. I prefer to stay in a comfort zone for a long, long time. Each time a thing changes, or a person around me leaves - I'll be left devastated until I'm adjusted to the new environment again. I found out that we cannot choose our surroundings, but we can learn how to blend ourselves in.


How I miss da moments! :(


I still love my dear most...


2008 was a year where I had never-ending exams and tests. All I did was striving hard for each and every exams to get myself meeting all sorts of requirements. Stress was a thing I learned hard to handle, and complaints were safe hidden within myself. During long holidays, I worked in a law firm - to gain pocket money ( priority), and also experiences I will never have in the future. No matter how hard I worked, I didn't really care, because I played hard as well. When I was not required to study for exams, or work on holidays - I'll most probably caught outside shopping, watching movies, on trips, or watching a concert or musical show. This year, half of my pocket-money was well spent on concert tickets and musical shows.
Feb 23rd - Jay Chou's concert, my all-time favorite singer with songs I really love.
June 28th - Gary Cao's concert, sister's idol and I was impressed by his live singing.
Aug 20th - High School Musical ( Ice On Tour), a nice one with lots of efforts and skills.
Aug 29th - Avril Lavigne's Live Show, a HUGE disappointment!!!
Dec 26th - Mamma Mia Musical, last but not least - best show in 2008 for me... No regrets at all.



Family trip to BALI

The 3 mischievous siblings ^^


Can't resist the breathtaking view!!


2008 was also a year for me to say goodbye to my closest girlfriends. In less than a year, I suddenly find myself in a state left with no friends whom I can really rely on. Cindy's leaving on May 1st and Catherine's on Sep 19th, both left me devastated. They are the people who know me very well, and I see myself turning into them no matter to share my good or bad news. Without them, life seems a bit too lonely... When I'm more accustomed with their leaving, another big blow came just a few days ago - Caryn left to US on 28th. She was my lunch and movie companion. It's hard not to think about her during lunch time nowadays... Not waiting any longer, Wen Bin too will leave to Kampar. And that means "the 4 sisters" outing will no longer be held for a long long time. Our last picture together, was in the airport seeing Caryn off. I thought I could hide my tears, telling dear and Bin that I won't cry. Little did I know... the tears flowed.



Last Christmas with my dear and darlings...


:p

Very naughty dear..

So, people... Before you go to bed tonight, ask yourself this question. "What have I accomplished this year?" Be honest when you answer...

Happy New Year to all! *Hugs*

You May Also Like

4 comments