Mamma Mia!

by - Monday, December 29, 2008


A simple-looking poster, but the show was not simple at all...


"Mamma Mia, here I go again. My my, how can I resisit you?" That's right.. How can I resist it? Mamma Mia musical show was a show I decided that I must go after the movie. The movie actually quite impressed me as truthfully speaking, I never really did enjoy muscial-type-of-movies. This is one is an exceptional I must say. ABBA songs were nice, and I really couldn't believe I actually know so many of them!


The story takes place on a mythical Greek island, and centres around a young girl, Sophie who dreams of her father giving her away at the altar. Problem is, she never knew who her father was, and there were 3 possible candidates - and has invited them all to the wedding. Sophie's mum, Donna was involved in a rock chick band in the past - "Donna and the Dynamos" and has invited her former band members (also her best friends) to the wedding. Complications aroused when the 3 possible dads showed up and turned Donna's mood upside down...


Songs sung during the musical were "I Have A Dream", "Thank You for the Music", "Dancing Queen", "The Winner Takes It All", "Super Trouper", and a lot a lot more... I was so reluctant to leave when the show ended, hoping that there is an encore or something. But, I knew this is impossible because it's a musical show, not a concert.


Musical show means we have to wear nicely, not those shorts or sandals which we went to concerts. It's lucky I wore semi-formal - there were people who bought damn expensive tickets wearing evening gowns + high heels, shirts with ties + coats over it...
Musical show means the venue is somewhere more elegant than usual, this time at Istana Budaya (my 1st time there..), with strong air-conditoner which made me shivered during the show. ><
Musical show means comfortable with cushioned chairs and leveled tiers which made me watched in ease. There those "boxes" only for VVIPs which I only saw existed in movies..
Musical show also means meeting lots of rich people - people who drove BMWs, Benz, etc.., watching a show costs more than a month of my pocket-money (or perhaps 2 or 3 or 4 months of my pocket-money).

You May Also Like

2 comments