Movie date #1

by - Tuesday, June 07, 2011

It all happened like it was just yesterday...

As usual, you were late and I expected it. So when you said to reach at 12pm, I put my alarm to ring at 11.30am knowing that 15 minutes later you will send me a text saying "I'm sorry, I'll be a bit late". And once again, it proves that I am right. You texted me exactly at 11.45am writing the sentence I've already had in mind. It puts a smile on my face at how well I know you.

Without any planning, it's normal that we can't get any movie tickets on a weekend. And like always, I said "It's all your fault! You didn't buy tickets earlier" and  pouted like old times. Of course to avoid my disappointment, you brought me to another mall and managed to buy tickets. You are always this fortunate, aren't you? 

There's another 1 hour 30 mins to go before movie starts... It feels weird to window shop furniture with you. We talked about our future houses and the colors we love, we shared ideas on the designs we wanted. Again, sharing opinions showed how different we both are. We never like the same things, and colors, and we never like the same item displayed. We used to share the same goal, to build love together, to own a home belongs to us. But, time really does wonders. After all these years, we had lost the magical bond that tied us together.

Everything seems so familiar, from lunch to movie to dinner. It's funny that we could still eat from the same bowl, drink from the same glass. Even walking under the rain together felt similar to the old times. We texted each other for the rest of the night after reaching home and one of your text wrote "I think you can read my mind". If you were to send me this 5 years ago, I'll reply you "That's because I love you enough to read your mind." Instead, last night I wrote "That's because I have the talent to be a mind reader. =)". I guess the mutual feelings between us has disappeared too as time goes by. All left was only memories.

However, for the briefest moment, it almost feels like we're together again. 

You May Also Like

1 comments