15 Days of Chinese New Year

by - Tuesday, February 07, 2012

It's the water dragon year! Very quickly, CNY 2012 ended with me writing this while fireworks boom-ing outside my house. CNY is always about family, however there's a little too much of drama going on this year. Despite all this family feud, I find myself enjoying although not throughout the whole holiday, but most of it. CNY is about spring-cleaning, reunion, having feast, and gambling. 

Wednesday (18/1), the night I had reunion dinner with Step G. This will be our last reunion dinner together as next year this time, we will all be in different places with different people. This is life, I guess. People move on leaving memories behind. No matter what happens, Step G. forever remains a family whom I'll never forget. 




'Lou sang' - huat ahhh!


Friday (20/1) was the last day of work and school. Reunion dinner with the high school mates at Purple Cane Restaurant. Again, I had 'lou sang' with them plus a few rounds of after-dinner drinks. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that we had left high school for 7 years already.  From carefree young teens to adults now with more responsibilities on the shoulders. I miss the high school life, without problems and never-ending laughter. Those were the best days in my life...


The only group photo =)


Sunday (22/1) is the day before CNY, the day I love the most - with family feast and temples-visiting. It is this time every year that all cousins come back home for reunion dinner, and catching up on stories of life we have missed on each other. As we grow older, lesser people made it to come back because most have family on their own. This tells me that I should appreciate time with the family, as when years gone by, I too will have a family of my own.


Monday (23/1), and the CNY starts. Everyday is about meeting the cousins, and going to relatives' place to 'bai nian'. Everynight is about movies and gambles. How I wish holidays do not end too soon, but wishes are always not realistic, no? 




The promise: I missed you like how you wanted me to.


You May Also Like

0 comments