Kuantan trip [080609-110609]

by - Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On a sunny Monday morning, dear and I met at my house and we went to Sri Petaling LRT station. We were supposed to meet 'sai lou' at BTR station, and then to Titiwangsa station together ( bus scheduled at 11am). Things went well until the point we were stuck at Sri Petaling station. We missed few trains due to our silliness (more to mine - and I do not wish to say why here...) >< "Guess yu have to run... Lol" Naughty fella.. Cis! Despite all, we managed to get into the bus on time. And we didn't run, we took our time walking. *phew* Our sleeping plan was screwed up when we started playing cards. Played ALL THE WAY for 4 hours journey. Crazy... ><. The weather is so hot, that we felt reluctant to leave her air-cond room. Later in the evening, darling brought us to "da bao" the famous nasi dagang. Oh, and not to forget.. I saw chickens flying up to trees here. So weird! I've never had nasi dagang before and thus were very surprised to find out it's only white rice with curry fish. We (dear, 'sai lou' and I) agreed that is was good although it's weird. Haha.. The 'keropok lekor' tasted so much better than the ones I had in KL. We then went out with darling to meet some of her Kuantan friends - and little did we know, our adventure of seeking dark little secrets in Kuantan begin. Nightlife in Kuantan is very different from how I see it in KL, or I should say I've never went to these places before and never tried seeing these things before. People who are interested to know what I've discovered - send me a private msg. I'll reply you privately... *evil laughter*

We tried waking up earlier on the 2nd day in attempt to eat chicken rice as our brunch. According to darling, this chicken rice sells off as early as 12.30pm. Woah.. it must have very good business. Of course, we managed to eat it cause we reached by 11 sth. Later on in the evening, we went to Teluk Cempedak beach and explored small little crabbies. =) So cute!!! Then being adventurous, we climbed rocks and jumped little rivers. I only recall myself hugging a big rock, refusing to let go as I'm scared of falling. The idea of darling to pick up my squashed brains do
scared me a little. "Don't worry la
.. If you fall and smashed ur head, I'll pick up your brains". After all climbing, it's time to walk. We crossed a bridge and saw cyclists doing stunts. The best thing is to find dinner waiting for you at home after a tiring day outside. Thanks to darling's mum, we found the best thing. =) Then, it's time to explore nightlife again.. This time we tried something different from what we usually do. Details shall not be revealed to protect the privacy of my dear, darling and 'sai lou'. Hahaha.. Anyway, we did experienced something new.


Awww.. They look so cute!


Dear and I


Up high! Above sealevel.. :p


We woke up late in the afternoon on the 3rd day here. We practically dragged ourselves out from the bed... Lunch was fried chicken at a roadside stall outside darling's house. Seriously this fried chicken tasted better than KFC! And definitely much more cheaper... yummy. After much considerations, we headed for the zoo. How long have I not visit a zoo? 10 years? Or maybe more than that. Despite the super hot weather, we couldn't hide our excitement upon seeing bear, peacock, ostriches, monkeys.. and many more. Suddenly, I feel like an 8 year old again. :p Thanks to darling's daddy, we got a treat of seafood dinner at night. For supper, we went to tried 'ikan + sotong bakar'. We went last night but we were late and the last portion was sold out. (I realized Kuantan's food sell off real fast!) After trying, we decided it was really good. No wonder it sells off so quickly. Later, darling brought us to a river night cruise. Too bad, the night cruise is only available on Fri and Sat night. We only managed to look around and took some photos. The night scenery was beautiful, but not the smell of the river. Yucks...


A picture taken in the zoo


A must order drink if you are here - "leong fun shuen gam"



Before...



... and after. Okay, we finished it real fast too ><



A romantic cruise for 2 if you don't mind the smelly river =p



With my darling, and my dear.


The night is still young! Darling brought us to a very nice cafe. Tjantek is it's name. The shophouse survived a war back in 1928 and was preserved until it became a cafe with an art studio upstairs. The cafe is decorated with old antiques, and with slow song in the background accompanied with small degree of light - the place is oh-so-romantic. We can even choose to sit in sofas with pillows, or the private seats within a jungle-like decor, or wooden chairs with nostalgic feel. In here, we took loads of photos and at last reluctantly left. Tonight is our last night in Kuantan - and that means tomorrow morning is our last attempt for the sunrise. To save the morning groans and moans, we decided not to sleep - but to watch "Coming Soon" (a thai horror flick) at 3am in a dark air-cond room. Scary I must admit. I ended up holding sai lou's hands until I heard the sound "crack.." I almost sprained his hand.. Aww... poor thing.



We shall return to this place one day somehow =)


The last morning I'm here seems to be a bit cloudy... We reached Pantai Beserah at 6am sharp. We waited for the sunrise and at last I was disappointed again. The sky is too cloudy and the sun is totally blocked. We waited some more in hopes to see miracle. Even there's no sunrise, we hoped to see cotton candy sky - the blue, white and pink layers of sky... While waiting, we saw a big crabbie, and played with it. Then, we left our names on the beach, pointing towards the sky - imagining lots of creatures above there, saw a launched rocket / satellite.. I cannot be sure of what it was. Most importantly, we took pictures. =) We enjoyed eventhough there's no sunrise in the end.



The night is still dark @ Pantai Beserah



Patiently waiting for miracle to happen.



At last, miracle didn't happen. We left our names expressing the disappointment of NO sunrise.



A tiny bit of sunray was enough to take our breath away...



Finally, it's time to leave Kuantan. Once we were up in the bus, we dozed off into dreamland, wanting to replenish our sleep which we lost the night before. Seriously, this trip is all about eating and eating only. Wonder how many kgs I've put on for this trip.. Cheers for another successful trip! ^^


























The sad faces leaving Kuantan.. and darling.

You May Also Like

0 comments