When you're gone

by - Friday, April 01, 2011

I finally know how am I feeling when the moment for you to go has finally come.

At daytime, I took the road that you had taught me before, so that it will forever remained fresh in my memory...

Before night falls, I was not feeling anything - I thought I'll be okay.. I thought I'll be cool with you leaving soon.

On the way to the airport, my mood is still very hyperactive - I talked and laughed with the others...

Upon reaching the airport, gloominess seems to have filled the air, but the feeling is still bearable as everyone is still having fun time - and most importantly I haven't got to see you yet, as like always.. you're late again!! You're even late to catch the plane... >.<

The moment I saw you reaching the airport and walked towards us, my heart skipped a beat.. It tells me that you are really really gonna leave soon...

There was not enough time for catch-up or having private talks with you.. We only took a few pictures and it's time for you to check in. Arriving at the departure hall, my heart feels so heavy like there's an unmoved big rock in it... But my tears won't flow even I saw dear's tears flowing freely... I stood there like a stone, hoping this moment can stay for another minute. Then, you patted my head saying to meet me again one year later and then turned your back to leave - never turning back again. Seeing your back moving farther and farther away.. I finally know - you left.

On the way back, I was silent in the car - all memories of us hanging out together flooded my brain, and I can't think of anything else... I know I will be missing you for a long long time.

When I was driving back alone, I could feel emptiness in my heart.. as if something has gone missing when I look at the familiar road that we used to carpool together. My heart feels heavier when I saw your ex-company just located outside my house, knowing that you are not working here anymore.. I no longer will see your car parked outside here, nor knowing you will play basketball at the playground behind my house...


At this moment, I only wanna to say "I hate you for staying so close to me!! Now wherever I go, I can only think of you!"


However, I know you left for good reasons, and all of us will be here to welcome when you come back to home.


To my best friend of many years, you had gave me a roller coaster ride of feelings today... Hated you, but loved you all the same. Like the last text I received from you, I would like to tell you the same "See you again one year later!" =)

You May Also Like

0 comments