Graduation of the Year!!

by - Wednesday, September 12, 2007

8/9/2007 marked the big-day for cousin Jane, as it was her graduation day. The whole family was so happy and excited for her. They even planned everything so nicely and set up a time to meet up with cousin Jane. It's been quite some time our family had this kind of big event. She graduated as a biotechnologist. :) Her graduation is at UCSI, coincidentally, the place where I'm studying currently. As I'm studying there. I'm familiar with the way to UCSI and also the way in UCSI, which I know where mph is located... where the toilets are.. where to buy mineral water and so on so on... And thus, I was assigned to become the photographer of the day. I accompanied my aunt to get into the hall to witness my cousin's convocation after our lunch at Cheras. Although it was not encouraged to take any photographs in the hall, as they have their own official photographer, but I can't help to snap a few inside, to leave my cousin sister some memories.
In the hall, I met an old friend of mine, Wee Chin. He was my primary school mate as well as my secondary school mate. We've known for years but never get any closer. To my surprise, Wee Chin is now a lecturer. And to my assumption, a professional photographer too, as I saw the gadgets he brought to shoot his brother's nicest image. In fact, it looked like he brought the whole studio with him. Okay... I might be exaggerating a little, but it's true he looks professional. However, it feels nice meeting an old friend again. :)
The whole ceremony ended at 5pm. When I walked out to the lobby with my aunt, half of the family already reached. By about 6pm, the entire family was there, waiting for cousin Jane with bouquets of flowers and bears. I bet our family, was the most to turned up and I loved the scene of it. That's the
spirit of our family - forever supportive and helpful. :) We've always been close-knitted and I thank god for that.
After all the photo-shooting session, we went for our dinner at Brickfields as the celebration. Most of us were almost starving when we reached the restaurant, especially cousin Jane. She's been hungry and dehydrated. Poor her... The grown-ups ordered way too much food and we didn't managed to finish them all. And it appeared that they had forgotten all about the cake that I had reserved for cousin Jane as dessert. After all the foods, we had to wait for some time before taking out the cake, as we all felt too full. But no one could resist Secret Recipe's cheeze choc. Haha... :p
All in all, I've been the camera girl for the day and nearly killed myself in my high heels shoes, after standing, running and walking around for the entire day. But still, I felt I stand tall, looking very nice. ^^ A tiring but a happy day.
Once again,
CONGRATULATIONS to cousin Jane. Cheers.. ^^


You May Also Like

0 comments